Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Greta Gerwig for Narnia?



 

I was going to make this about her previous works, but since I have only seen one up to date (Little Women), I realized I have really nothing to add to the conversation if I approach it this way.

But, I have been thinking instead about what I want for Narnia now, and so, instead of telling you what I think of Greta Gerwig (not Greta Thundberg, no matter how much I accidentally mess up and say this in real life, that would be a very different production.) due to her previous works, I will discuss what I would like to see from this production of hers. (I have no idea if she will do well or not, considering the directors we have had in past, I would have told you at the time of VODT that I thought Michael would do a better job than Andrew just based on their previous movies, but, that was clearly not the case. Andrew did pretty okay, and Michael failed miserably.)

I want Narnia to be it's own thing. I want it to set it self apart from the other fantasy worlds and also from the previous adaptations of Narnia. 

I want my next Lucy with blonde hair (we haven't had an  hair color accurate Lucy yet, except in animated form.), Edmund to have fair hair ( I love Skandar Keynes, but, we have to move on, and most likely in the book he had blonde or very light colored hair according to HHB), I want my Caspian (and age accurate) with blonde hair, and to stay the same actor in PC to VODT. I want Susan to be Susan the Gentle. I want to finally meet Aravis and Polly and to finally get the romance story of Aravis and Shasta (our interracial couple, and parents of King Ram the best King of Archenland). I want my Dryads and Naiads and Merfolks to have Human form and clothes.(The Dryads and Naiads marry into the Human race of Narnia and Archenland.) I want my White Witch to have black hair again. (I actually have a suggestion for this actress, Catherine-Zeta Jones). 




I want the world of Narnia to not feel so small, I want new landscapes and new shooting locations not filmed in New Zealand or Australia. Please, do not make Narnia look like all these other fantasy stories. 


Lastly, but not least, I want Narnia to make their own clothes. Narnia is not a just a medieval fantasy, but rather it is a whole different world with 1900s inspiration from the humans, and tons of magical and mythological creatures including Naiads and Dryads, Mermaids, Stars (that look like humans,) Dufflepuds, Fairies (Fairy Godmothers,), and Atlantis was real, the clothes should definitely portray this. Narnia should go through different fashion periods depending on the years in Narnia. Yes, there should be some medieval inspirations but, there should also be other time periods in there, and it should change and develop. Persian, Greek, Indian, East Asian, etc should all be involved. 



Please change Netflix Narnia for the better and go full out to make Narnia feel big and real. 















No comments:

Post a Comment